OK players, webmasters and forum owners, only two days left and the time to act is now. Two days till what? Two days until the latest committee hearing on the UIGEA by the U. S. House sub-committee from the House Financial Services Committee. Barney Frank has lamented on several occasions the lack of support from players and he NEEDS your help to help us. How, use your data base of U. S. members and encourage them to write their Congressional representative today or tomorrow encouraging them to support and co-sponsor Frank’s Bill, H. R. 2046. This third hearing is taking place in the sub-committee, in the trenches where the real work is done. It is here that recommendations to a Full Committee are made. Wednesday the hearing is about the proposed Regs for the UIGEA and the inability to write them proper and effective so they do not interfere with legal wagering. We have banks, financial institutions, skill games sites, the Chamber of Commerce, SEVERAL Prominent new publications and many others. Now, WE NEED TO SPEAK as a loud voice too! To contact Congress there are several ways and since I see no link here at APCW I will post two others, PLEASE encourage your U. S. members to do the same! https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml Pre Written Letter: http://capwiz.com/pokerplayersalliance/issues/alert/?alertid=10418046&type=co Additional suggested talking points: 1. From a stock notice (SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT): "Safe-Harbor" Statement Under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. This press release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"), including statements regarding potential sales, the success of the company's business, as well as statements that include the word "believe" or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of XXXXXXXX COMPANY (your poker hand) to differ materially from those implied or expressed by such forward-looking statements. If this does not describe a hand of poker, nothing does. 2. If you / or a player is in one of the 36 skill games / Doyle’s Rooms states A suggestion: H. R. 2610, the Skill Games Protection Act is in keeping with state law and protects my (players) freedoms granted by my state that games of skill are allowed and permitted and the unclear language of the UIGEA jeopardizes that. Thanks in advance all, obg

You need to be a member of The APCW to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Keep sending them letters . We can't get them to hear us if we don't write . I just got another letter back from Congressman Brown..tho he's against us , I refuse to stop writing to all my Congressmen . For anyone interested they can read by clicking here .

Maybe , just maybe they are thinking a bit different . It used to be all I would receive back was how the UIGEA was put in place to stop funding terrorism..at least that's not mentioned this time .
    • I send letters - I call - I offer to sit and talk with my congressman. I'm going to see RON PAUL next week in GETTYSBURG - He's the REAL man for CHANGE in USA - but people can't see it.. (TV - wont allow it)

Dr Paul is PRO choice/poker internet
  • I think this live feed should be posted;
    Proposed UIGEA Regulations: Burden without Benefit?”

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/financialserv/16489/300_financ...
    Live Webcast

Make this link live please, it's happening as you read it. Thank you.
  • Thank you for posting this. The only way we can change things is to let our voices be heard!
This reply was deleted.