Why is it that when someone sets up a forum or group on Ning, they feel it's ok to spam members of other groups? Is it a problem with the friends settings in Ning? I know that friends in one group show up in your friends list when you're logged into another group... ie; when I'm on PPSN, my friends are still listed from APCW. If this is the case... Ning needs to fix the settings! I'm receiving emails from several groups I don't belong to. This morning I had 2 from "On Tilt Radio" alone. If forum admins have an option for changing these settings, they should be making sure that only members of their group receive emails from them. If there is no way to control who gets the emails, Ning needs to add an opt-in option for it's users! If the senders of these emails are harvesting our info from other groups, this needs to stop as well. We all get too much SPAM mail already.

You need to be a member of The APCW to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I found myself having to add a few of the same things to spam mail just so I'd stop being bothered with them.
  • JTodd said:
    YES... I AGREE 100%

I have mentioned this in the past, and it does wear on me... but there's nothing I can do about it. And most of the people sending these emails really are big APCW supporters, so I'm caught in a hard spot.

I think within a month or two this issue will be resolved one way or another. Hang in there!

Many thanks JT. I'm certainly not accusing you for doing this. In fact, you've never sent anything remotely "spammy" to my mail box. Always questions or answers to questions I've asked.

I simply posted here with this cuz I don't belong to On Tilt Radio and I know the On Tilt ladies do read your boards.

I'm very happy to hear there may be a resolution to the problem coming our way.

Thank you sir!
  • YES... I AGREE 100%

I have mentioned this in the past, and it does wear on me... but there's nothing I can do about it. And most of the people sending these emails really are big APCW supporters, so I'm caught in a hard spot.

I think within a month or two this issue will be resolved one way or another. Hang in there!
This reply was deleted.