Generating Hits to site.

Hi all. Just wondering if you guys have any tricks fro generating meaningful hits to your site. I feel my site www.getastake.com has value and have had a reasonable sign up rate from hits but would still like to get more people looking at what I have to offer. Do you have any experience with advertising on podcasts and or banners as well as google and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of The APCW to add comments!

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another little dandy tool that I like and you might want to try . http://www.websitegrader.com/
  • I signed up for GPWA thanks for the info I will work on the description
  • Craig Parsons said:
    Ok So I tried editing the key words and stuff now nothing comes up on google does it take time to appear or am I doing something wrong.

Google only crawls your site periodically. Once the pages have been crawled and re-indexed for the new tags, they'll be more apt to show up in searches. This could take a few days or even a couple weeks.

I looked at your changes. You should change the "Description" so it reads more like a sentence or two. I know it seems like a lot of work to make such a small change but earning Google love is worth it. A perfect "description" tag is between 12 and 20 words with your main keywords in the first 9 words. (this is what shows up on Google searches).

I love your Title text!

Content is King.
    Patience is key.

Join GPWA (Gambling Portal Webmasters Association) and do some reading, ask questions, make changes. You'll eventually see some good results.
  • Ok So I tried editing the key words and stuff now nothing comes up on google does it take time to appear or am I doing something wrong.
  • Thanks for your response a lot of what you said is greek to me but I will definitely study this over the next couple of days and figure it all out.
  • First... join the GPWA. This forum is populated by webmasters like you and me. Everyone works together to help each other out. Need advice? You'll get it!

Looking at your home page. You need to optimize your site for Google with Title Description and Keyword Tags.

Your current Title tag: title: Get A Stake
    Try adding keywords here... ie; Get A Stake - Poker Bankroll Staking Forum

Your current Description tag: description: This is a discussion forum for poker staking
    Place your keyword within the first 3 words. Make the description approximately 18 words long. Include your most important keyword phrase in the first 9 words.
    The description text shows up in search results so this is your first chance to "sell" your site. Make it count!

Your current Keywords: keywords: poker staking,vbulletin,jelsoft,forum,bbs,getastake,discussion,bulletin board
    Your site currently isn't properly tagged for any keywords. Although the search engines don't require or give much weight to keyword tags anymore, I still recommend you add a few main ones.... Poker, stake, bankroll, staking, forum, etc.

On page optimizing is as important as tags and keywords. Add a Header to the beginning of your page. Also use your keywords at the beginning and end of your page.
    I tested your current home page here and these were the results...

Server Info Score: 5 out of 5 Diagnosis: Excellent

Title Tag Score 4 out of 24 Diagnosis: Poor
    Your entire keyword was not matched in the first nine words of your title.
    You keyword was found in the title 0 times. Add your keyword to your title tag.
    Your keyword density is 0%. Add your keyword to the title to improve density.
    Your entire keyword was not matched in the first nine words of your title.
    We detected one properly formatted title tag in your page. Excellent.
    Your title contains a total of 3 words. Good.
    Your score is 4 Fail. Your title needs improvement.

Content is King!!!! Keep adding quality content - update the homepage and inner pages regularly and the SE's will begin moving you up in the serps.

Personal impressions of your site
    I found your home page a little boring. Nothing popped out at me. There was no real "call to action". If you are trying to monetize "Get A Stake" through banner clicks you need to sell those rooms. Add bonus info, a review, etc. anything to encourage your browsers to click them.

Historically, a site with one landing page and a forum has been hard to monetize. I would add more pages to Get A Stake such as reviews, featured strategy articles, bonus information, etc. The longer you can keep the visitor on your sales pages, the more likely he is to click! Once the customer reaches your forum, they are likely looking for a backer, not a place to play.

You should be working with your Aff Managers to provide "money added" tournaments that can be promoted through your forum. Encourage your backers to bankroll players in them especially... the selling point is the money added to the prize pool will result in bigger payouts... higher ROI.

Just a few suggestions from someone who made every mistake in the book and hopefully learned from them. :)
This reply was deleted.